Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Still Waiting.....

We've done a lot waiting for baby. From going to a Braves game after he was a week late to trying to hike through nature. I tried fried pickles and they are great. I also ate spicy kimchi soup, I love it! Then I tried to OD on chocolate by eating 8 truffles. I didn't feel too great after that but it still didn't work. I went on a 2 mile walk just before noon, and came back feeling better than ever and no closer to birth than sitting at home would have gotten me.

As you can tell we are having as much fun as we can waiting inspite of the fact that we're all ready for our baby to be born. Except we still need to give him a name. I guess we'll have to do that next.


So in trying to pass our time Grandma Jani, Clare and I went to the Dunwoody Nature Center. It was fun but we couldn't stay long because Clare disliked being out in nature so much. It was very strange to me because Rick and I love being out of doors, however when I thought about it we've never taken her out into nature with us. I think because she's never been in this setting before the sounds and feeling of it were uncomfortable to her. We'll have to go a lot more!


Clare was very good at knowing where she was. She wanted to go back to the car and we thought we'd be cleaver by taking the long way back on another trail. However when we passed the turn off she stopped at the correct place to turn and started to cry. She knew we weren't headed back to the car if we didn't turn there. Smart kid!

Clare took this one so it's a bit blurry. She doesn't hold as still as she needs to for a clear picture every time. But I think it's framed very well. She loves to take pictures.



While we made a Cake for babys birthday we also let Clare make her own little cake. Here she is dumping sprinkles onto it. She had fun making it and eating it for the next week. I have to admit it was a great tasting cake and the sprinkles only made it better.


Alright I did have this one finished before the due date but I forgot to post it. Clares new dress and it turned out so well. We even made a matching one for her doll. Pictures like this make me really appriciate Mom teaching me to sew.

No comments: