Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Here He Is....

Thomas Clay Davis

Born Thursday June 23rd at 3:15pm

20in long 8lbs 12oz

Our first day home and Thomas is only one day old. Grandma was there to take our first family picture. I want to thank my mom for being there and helping us with Clare as well as helping me pass time while waiting for Thomas to finally be born 9 days late. We really enjoyed your stay I hope you did too.

Clare just LOVES her sweet little brother. She's so excited to see him every morning and she wants to hold him and play with him all the time. She doesn't like that he sleeps so much.

Dady helping Clare feed Thomas with the bottle she gave him as a birthday gift. Mostly Mommy feeds him and Clare was getting jealous so I let her feed him with a bottle. She really enjoyed this for a couple minutes and then it got old and she was done.

Mama is doing great after the natural delivery. I would add my vote to recovery being faster and easier without an epidural. Of course delivery is 100% harder too. Pick your poision.

The little guy just sleeps everywhere all day and most of the night too. It's so cute. I know Clare did this too, but it was so long ago. I guess we just forgot. Of course it's been more than 3 1/2 years since we've had a new born and there are a couple other things we're having to remember too. Amount of diapers per day, spit up, how hot you get from cuddling with a baby, etc.

Adding the second child to our family is very different than adding the first was. The baby is very much the same but we were expecting more sleepless nights. The biggest difference is that we have a very energetic 3 yr old who needs attention. So instead of sitting on the couch and taking in every moment of his sleep filled day, we put him in bed to sleep and play with Clare.



We have also been in energetic 3 yr old mode where Clare is learning to swim, recognizing letters, just learned how to recognize words that rhyme and has a very extensive imagination. Newborns are quite a bit less interactive. That being said, we all love Tommy more than words can express and we are happy that he's an angelic sleepy newborn which allows us to keep up with Clare.




And of course our love for him crosses over into one of my favorite hobbies, photography. I took this one at the hospital. And I have so many more pictures that we could put up but we didn't want to over do it. We love you Tommy!

PS We chose his name June 22nd. I guess that was what he was waiting for.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations! He is a darling little boy! Claire looks so grown up too. Miss you guys.

Elizabeth Green said...

He is so cute! I am LOVING the pictures! :D What a beautiful family you have! Chrysi, you look GREAT btw! :D

Jeffery's said...

You are AWESOME FOR DOING IT NATURAL!!! It is true you recover faster and yes the pain is 100% painful but worth it. I love knowing you did it. He is so super cute!!! I love the picuters of him. Great Job mom and dad!!!!! Claire looks so happy too! I love you tonz!!!