Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Paper Mache Piggy

Clare came to us really honestly upset one evening. She couldn't find her pennies. After a while of us telling her we'd help her find them and put them in a safe place she let us know that she needs a piggy bank. I wonder how long she'd been thinking this through.




So, I decided the perfect summer indoor activety fo rClare and I would be making a paper mache piggy bank. If you know Clare then you are already laughing. Clare hates and I really mean HATES to get her hands dirty. So, when it came to putting past onto paper strips and smoothing them onto a balloon she didn't get far. First I showed her what to do. Then she told me it was too messy. So I gave her a strip I had already pasted. Much to her credit she did put it on. But that was the last one she would touch.


So In the end I had a nice time making a pig and Clare got to play. When it was all over I was supprised how nice the little piggy looked. All I can say is, "Here's to you Mom, and all the Thanksgiving pinta making practice I got through the years. Thank you."


No comments: