Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Did That?! Wow.

Have you ever set out to do something you weren't sure you could do well enough to please yourself. Then when you finished and took a step back to look at the completed project you were super happy with how well you did.
Well this is one of those moments and I feel so good about it that I'm going to share it with everyone.

I have a couple aprons I like to keep in the kitchen. I wanted a place I could hang them that looked good and I didn't want to drill a bunch of holes in the walls or cabinets. So, I had this idea that I would put hooks onto a decorative wall hanging so that I could hang multiple hooks from only one hole in the wall and get some art into the room.
We were given a lovely biscuit jar at our wedding that we keep out on our counter. I enjoy it so much I duplicated the pattern on it and hand painted my own decorative apron hanger. Yeah, I painted it all by myself. Hurray.




















On the left is the wood right after I painted it. On the right it is hanging on my kitchen wall with a protective glossy coating, hardware and an apron. I'm amazed it looks so much the way I wanted it to look.

3 comments:

Jeffery's said...

You are amazing! That look so GOOD! I love it. When do you want to come over and help me paint something that wonderful and beautiful? I really love it!

Amy Miller said...

Wow Chrysi - Bravo! You could sell those. I would be proud of that too! By the way, I love all of the pictures of Claire - she is such a little cutie!

Elizabeth Green said...

Wow! Chrysi I am impressed, but then I have known for a long time how talented and artistic you are. I remember the octopus you made in sculpture class - that was so cool.