Thursday, August 7, 2008

Confession


I have a confession. I crave HONEY. (My mouth is watering as I type. No lie.) I Love Honey. I have fond memories of eating it as a child in the back of our play room when my mother wasn't watching. White honey is the best. Acctualy I haven't found a flavor or type that isn't great. I can't buy and wear the honey scented lotion at Bath and Body Works because smelling it on myself makes me want to guzzle honey. Really, the smell is so distracting that I can't think of other things while I'm smelling it.

I try not to buy honey often because if I have it I want to eat it constantly, (or drink it). Although I can easily spend over 15min staring at it in the grocery store isle it's not to hard to resist buying it when it costs $12.00/lb. That makes it $34.00 per gallon. (good thing we don't rely on foreign imports of honey to fuel our lavish lifestyles.)

This is distressing! For some unknown reason the worlds honeybee population is taking a serious nosedive. That's right, the bees are dying and no one knows why! This is more serious than my insatiable honey hunger. Honey bees are relied upon to pollinate 80% of the produce grown in the US. The honey bee shortage could create a serious food shortage as well. I'm going to stop before I pass out from honey lust but if you would like to learn more please go to http://HelpTheHoneyBees.com - Chrysi (I sign because I don't want to smear Rick or Clare with my sticky confession)

No comments: